My ass! I can SEE my ASS!
I make most of my own pup treats and wanted to share the basic recipe I use, Beast and Bigsby approved. Super easy and your pooch will love them! These are pumpkin & peanut butter but, you can add anything you want you want. I am also not the best at using measuring cups I am a sort of an add as you go baker so, never stick to the exact measurements.
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Treats
- 3 Cups Flour (I use coconut or bean flour but, you can use any depending on preference)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 Pumpkin (or applesauce)
- 1/4 Peanut Butter(I probably use about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- In the bowl or electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until it comes together. Roll the dough to 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness. I usually use 1 1/2 inch cookie cutters. For training treats I use a pizza cutter to make little squares.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes
*Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats. Serving size will also vary depending on the desired shapes and cookie cutters used. This can also be adjusted if you want softer (shorter) or crunchy treats (longer).
Adjust the flour as needed when adding different ingredients such as fresh cranberries, bananas, flax seed ect. Leftovers dictate most of the ingredients I put in them. For Thanksgiving I did leftover turkey & cranberry treats. I like to store everything in glass jars to preserve freshness. I am not sure of the exact amount it yields I have never really counted but, it is a lot!